Blackboard Paint For The Office.

I have less than two weeks till I am officially a homeowner. (Yay!)

We won't be moving in right away... We need to have a few of the rooms painted. And we are having them done professionally, as I do not trust myself to paint over a chocolate brown color (in the mastersuite - it's very bachelor like) and my office (formerly a boy's room with night sky blue EVERYWHERE, including on the ceiling).

I am going with a light blue in the mastersuite and anteroom. And in the bedroom, there will be a grayish-light purple color. But, I am thinking about adding something fun to my office...

A wall with blackboard paint!



I realize this may be something you only see in houses with families... But I think it is fun for an office. And very useful too.

Comments

Ally W said…
I think that's amazing...in fact I mentioned it to hubby as we move this weekend and I'm finally getting an office/guest suite...well until we get preggers and baby 2 kicks me out...I told hubby that I would love to do something like this...I'm totally a pen/paper gal...I don't do lists on the computer...I like an old school calendar...this would be perfect instead of post-its everywhere...

Unfortunately (and I have to agree with him) Hubby thinks blackboard paint in a rental - probably not the best idea since we'd have to re-paint it when we leave in a year or two...

I'm excited for you...and I don't know if I'd actually put blackboard paint in a child's playroom...it's a bit messy ;)

Enjoy your "brainstorming center"...aka office with blackboard - I love it :)
Cdnmortgage said…
Blackboard paint is a great idea, a friend of mine put it in her kitchen, great for writing notes to each other and keeping reminders. Perfect as a 'thought centre' in an office
Unknown said…
I love this idea! I think it's really easy when decorating to make everything "nice", which ends up being bland and boring. You have to mix it up a little for a space to have style, and I think this is a fab way to do it. I wonder if I can do something similar on the doors of the cheapy cabinets in my office....hmmm...
I love it. I may do the LM's closet in it....it ass character and seems perfect for an office.
that should read adds. I don't think paint can do anything for anyone's ass!
Bren said…
Found this at Land of Nod. Chalkboard it up. Peel and stick cling panels. http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=108&f=3699&pc=9

Popular Posts